This festival is organized every year in cooperation with Society of Friends of Jewish Culture in Mikulov, Gallery Efram and Town of Mikulov to honor and celebrate the Jews who formerly lived in Mikulov and Jewish culture that left an indelible imprint on Mikulov history.
2015 Festival Program:
Friday, September 25:
- Theatre performance Blood Hygiene by Líšeň Theatre (in the town cinema)
- Performance about victims of Holocaust
- Discussion with Hana Frejková, a Czech Jewish actress and singer whose parents escaped to the UK during World War II where they joined the anti-fascist resistance.
- Sampling of Jewish cuisine specialties
Saturday, September 26:
- Sampling of Jewish sweets
- Concert in Gallery Efram: Yiddish in Three
- Opening of exhibit in Ceremony Hall at Jewish Cemetery
- Pictures by pupils from Basic School in Mikulov
Sunday, September 27:
- Concert in synagogue: Dominika Weiss Hošková and Jiří Hošek: Jewish music for violoncello
- Guided tour of synagogue
- Guided tour of Jewish cemetery